Monday, November 10, 2014

Our First Look

Some of you may not know, but Nathan and I chose to do a first look - Where on your wedding day, the bride and groom pick a spot and time to see each other before the ceremony (Pinterest has some great photos of first looks).

Now I know that this isn't for everyone, and that some may choose to stick to the tradition of not seeing each other until the Bride walks down the aisle, and that's great! In fact, before my sister got married, I couldn't imagine breaking tradition. I thought it was the best thing ever for it to be a surprise and that's all I wanted to do. But then, Jaquelyn did it, and we were able to take all of the pictures before the ceremony. That meant no two hour (or longer!) wait between the ceremony and reception. (Plus they have some cute pictures from it!) That won me over. Honestly that is the worst part of weddings for me. There have been many times my family has left before anything has happened (first dance, cutting of the cake, etc.) because it's taken so long for them to even get there that its way too late. Especially if we have church the next morning. Granted ours was in the afternoon, but still. 

I am so glad that we did! Our wedding was at 2, so we planned our first look for 11. That way we'd have time for couple pictures and then wedding party/family ones. I was pretty nervous leading up to it, but after I saw Nathan, nothing mattered anymore! I wasn't worried or stressed, I was just ready to get married! 

So, here are the pictures! Goodness, I love every single one - they are perfection. (In fact our whole wedding was! More on that in later posts ;) God was so good to us and held off the rain long enough for us to do the first look and our couple pictures outside. The way He blessed both of us throughout every detail of our special day was awesome!

{Make sure to check out our amazing photographers website! Melissa did the most perfect job - A&M Photography}
































If you think I look sad in the first few pictures, it's because as soon as Nathan turned around, I burst into the happiest tears ever - Such an emotional, amazing time.

Until next time...


2 comments:

  1. Ahhh!!! I love them so much!! :) Very beautiful, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! =D I love them so much <3

    ReplyDelete

It would be a joy to hear from you, dear readers! I will do my best to comment back on the blog, or if your email is there I'll respond to you that way; either one! So, what are your thoughts?