Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Dear Valentine...

My dearest, most beloved Nathan, 

I never, ever want to forget our first valentines as husband and wife. It was perfect in every way, and I could never have dreamed up a better one. 

I have to admit that when we ended up being at Silver Springs camping with your family on the actual day, I was a little bummed. It didn't feel like Valentines day, and I wanted it to be special. I knew you had promised we would celebrate Monday, but silly me couldn't quite come to terms with that. 



But then, Monday came. I worked, wasn't the funnest - except the whole day all I could think of was our date, and how excited I was for you to come home!

As soon as I got home, I started cleaning. I wanted you to come home to a nice, clean, restful house. Then it was time to get all dolled up for my fancy date with my handsome husband - I love being fancy with you -heart eyes- Waiting was hard... The table was set for our candle light dinner, the living room was straightened, the stuff strewn over the floor from camping was cleaned up, and I was all ready for you! 

Then, you walked through the door, and I felt millions of butterflies in my stomach, and my heart skipped a few beats. In your hands was our yummy dinner (Salad with chicken! Thanks for being willing to change our dinner plans and get exactly what I was craving! It was perfect...), beautiful roses and a lovely plant - one for now, and one to grow - you said. All I wanted to do at the moment was be in your arms, feel your lips on mine, and cry with happiness! And that's exactly what I did! You told me I was beautiful, and I knew you meant it, and I felt it, just being with you.



Nathan, I could never ask for a greater, sweeter, more amazing husband. You have lived up to my dreams and exceeded my expectations! Each morning that I get to wake up with you and each night that you come home to me, I thank God for bringing my soul-mate into my life and making us one. Everyday I fall more in love with you, and you show me more and more of what true love is. I am thankful for God's grace, and the way He has molded our lives and is continuing to shape us as we continue in this adventure of marriage. 

You are mine, I am yours, together we are His - and no matter what I will love you, forever and always, my dear Valentine. 

Song of Solomon 6:3
"I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine"

Your's forever,  
Jessica 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be a joy to hear from you, dear readers! I will do my best to comment back on the blog, or if your email is there I'll respond to you that way; either one! So, what are your thoughts?