Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Why?

So, I don't really know what happened to this blog. I had such plans for it and enjoyed writing here so very much. I told myself when I was kind of lagging before marriage that I just needed a break. That once I was married and settled in I would love writing again - you can probably tell, that hasn't happened. It's not that I don't want to write. Everyday I think, I really feel like blogging, and everyday I can't think of a thing to say.  

But, maybe it is because I have forgotten why I started blogging in the first place. So, let me begin once more - with my mission statement! 



The mission of this blog is to be a memorial of what the Lord has done and is doing in mine and my husbands lives through the remembering of events and feelings to do with: marriage, family, joy, hardships and everything in-between. Firstly, so that we may be encouraged by and remember what has happened, and that our children can see what our lives have held. 

Secondly, that through this memorial others will be pointed to the Anchor of our souls, who holds us tightly through all the ups and downs of life - namely Jesus and His good news. And that those who know Jesus will be encouraged and uplifted to continue to glorify Him through their lives - in their own marriages, families, joys, and hardships. {Joshua 4:5-7, Isaiah 63:7, Hebrews 6:13-20}

The most important reason why I blog, is for myself. I want to remember what I went through; the happiness, the struggles, the adventures! And I think I lost that. I was too caught up in the fact that I didn't have much to share that others would like and that no one really visited this little place. But, this is for me, period. And if it can encourage others then great, wonderful - but I can't be so focused on that part of it. So, I'm going to share posts about things that I want to remember, because this blog isn't to make money or promote myself, or get page views, its a memorial so that I can remember.

Until next time...
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be a joy to hear from you, dear readers! I will do my best to comment back on the blog, or if your email is there I'll respond to you that way; either one! So, what are your thoughts?