Sunday, June 15, 2014

When God exceeds your expectations - A fresh coat of paint

So, I hope you haven't gotten tired of this subject - because apparently God hasn't gotten tired of teaching it to me =)  He reminded me of this truth in a great way this week. 

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before, but because of various circumstances Nathan ended up getting our apartment earlier than planned and has been living the "Bachelor" life =) The apartment truly is a blessing and exactly what we need in this time of our lives. One thing though that I thought would be nice to get done before our wedding, was to put a fresh coat of paint on it. I was hoping it would be something that we wouldn't need to do for ourselves, but it ended up that we would =)

That really took away my expectations and I had a hard time swallowing it... =) Nathan, the sweetest man in the world, assured me that it would be fun and he would make sure to get it done. =) I definitely didn't want him to have to do it all by himself, thats a lot! So we started planning on a weekend where I could come down and help. Some of my friends from church even offered to help out which was a huge blessing for my heart =)

Ready for the exceeding my expectations part?? I was talking to a friend about it last week. Turns out her dad has a painting "team" and she said she would love to see if he'd be willing to send them over. Well, her and Nathan talked with her dad about it and he said that if it rained Thursday or Friday that he'd be glad to send his guys over and they could get it done in a few hours! Well, as you can imagine we were praying for rain! Thursday, it wasn't rainy so Nathan said we might as well plan on still coming to paint and he would get started cutting in since he was off of work for the day. He worked so hard that whole day, isn't he the best??








We decided to do white, because I couldn't decide on a light enough color that I was positive about, we didn't realize it but the original color was more of a cream, eggshell =) I am really liking the white though =) 

So, our plans were finally decided until late Thursday, Nathan texted me "the guys will be over at 6:30 tomorrow morning" woohoo! I cannot even tell you how awesome it was that they were able to do it for us! God really did have a better plan than I did! They were able to finish the whole thing in a few hours - it would taken us several days at best - Hallelujah!








Now it is ready and waiting for me to hang all my decor on when we get married!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be a joy to hear from you, dear readers! I will do my best to comment back on the blog, or if your email is there I'll respond to you that way; either one! So, what are your thoughts?