Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Preparing to Say "I Do'... 88 days left.


One of the gifts I received for my Bridal Shower was a book called "An Excellent Wife" by Martha Peace along with the study guide. My Aunt was sweet enough to give it to me and a few days ago I started the study. 


The first chapter was the authors personal testimony and some foundations of what it meant to be an excellent wife. The study guide had me go through Proverbs 31:1-10 and write out the attributes that I saw. I just wanted to share some of them here with you!




Proverbs 31:10





Proverbs 31:11




Proverbs 31:12




Proverbs 10:26




Proverbs 10:30


And lastly, but definitely not least! I pray Nathan and my God will say this of me:


Proverbs 10:29


Now, obviously there are many more traits then I listed, such as -

Compassionate, prepared, trusts the Lord's provision, takes care of her household,
lifts up her husband, productive, hard worker...

And I'm sure the more I read this passage the more I will see,
but let me leave you with this:
As wives our priorities should be to first, seek after the Kingdom of God and His righteousness; and second, our husbands: seeking to be the excellent wife they need.
I am praying that as the day of our wedding gets closer, I will be more and more focused on preparing for this goal - I have no excuse, because after all, God has given me all I need for life and Godliness.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be a joy to hear from you, dear readers! I will do my best to comment back on the blog, or if your email is there I'll respond to you that way; either one! So, what are your thoughts?