Friday, July 25, 2014

Preparing to say ”I Do” 57 days left

Sunday marked exactly 2 months until Nathan and I will tie the knot. I am so excited! And definitely ready =) Right now it seems like the time is moving like a “Turtle in molasses going uphill in the wintertime”… People keep telling me it will fly by and our wedding will be here before we know it; I’m trying to believe them, because I know they’re right, it’s just easy to get impatient. 

Anyway, that was mostly my rambling thoughts =) Here’s to trying to enjoy the next 2 months as we look forward to marriage =)

With that said, its time for another ‘Preparing to say ”I Do”’! I really am enjoying writing this series - I learn way better when I can put my thoughts on “paper.” I pray that as I learn you all enjoy it as well.



This one will be the continuation of another one I wrote, which you can read here.

The book, Feminine Appeal, has been one of the best I have read on being a godly wife. Below are quotes from the chapter on loving your husband. This chapter really spoke to my heart of the importance of not just servant-love, but tender, affectionate love. 


“…We must settle this issue in our hearts. We married a sinner, and so did they.
But this is the hope for our marriage:
God forgives sinners and helps us grow to be like Him…”

“…We frequently face situations where we are tempted to think harsh and critical thoughts. Sometimes as wives we are more inclined to concentrate on what our husbands are doing wrong than what they are doing right. We are more aware of their deficiencies than areas where they excel. But if we submit to these temptations, they will only lead to the demise of warm affection.
Rather, we must choose to focus on our husbands commendable qualities…”

“…The apostle Paul understood the influence of people’s thoughts on their feelings and behavior. He exhorted the Philippians this way: 
‘Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.’ (Phil 4:8)
If we make it our aim to think these kinds of thoughts about our husbands,
we will experience tender feelings for them…”

“Let’s humbly ask our heavenly Father to help us change our thought patterns and then watch what He will do. As we begin to replace sinful thoughts with biblical thinking, the Lord will ignite passionate feelings for our husbands once again.”

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be a joy to hear from you, dear readers! I will do my best to comment back on the blog, or if your email is there I'll respond to you that way; either one! So, what are your thoughts?