Friday, November 15, 2013

Five Minute Friday//Tree

So, here I am again! It's been a while since I joined the 5 minute Friday group, but I'm glad that I am. If you don't know what's going on, check out this blog! I'm not sure how great this will be, because I have to admit, this one is stumping (Heehee, no pun intended ;) And it really was accidental!) me... But, 5 minutes of writing, little to no editing, on the word "tree".

Go!


I was trying to think, what does the word tree bring to mind? The trees in my front yard? They are pretty cool I guess... But, no, that's not really meaningful, I don't have many amazingly fond memories of them. But, ever since I was born, they have been there. I'm assuming quite a while before that too.
Then I started thinking about the Word, and ways that trees are used by
God to paint pictures, mainly pictures of His people. 

Psalm 1 came to mind first, "Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night.
He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season,
and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers"

And then a passage in Isaiah that has spoke to my heart many times: "...to grant to those who mourn in Zion — to give them a beautiful headdress instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit;
that they may be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified" (Is. 61:3)

Aren't those beautiful word pictures of who we can be in Christ? I pray that these words describe me. And all to bring glory to the One who grows our roots and spreads our leaves, Amen!
_________________________________________________________________________

Well... There you have it =) Have a wonderful Friday!

{Check out my other Five Minute Friday Posts here and here}


Until next time...


2 comments:

It would be a joy to hear from you, dear readers! I will do my best to comment back on the blog, or if your email is there I'll respond to you that way; either one! So, what are your thoughts?