Monday, November 18, 2013

Musical Monday//10


Come Thou Fount
Robert Robinson, 1735-1790

Come, thou Fount of every blessing, tune my heart to sing thy grace; 
streams of mercy, never ceasing, call for songs of loudest praise. 
Teach me some melodious sonnet, sung by flaming tongues above. 
Praise the mount! I'm fixed upon it, mount of thy redeeming love. 

Here I raise mine Ebenezer; hither by thy help I'm come; 
and I hope, by thy good pleasure, safely to arrive at home. 
Jesus sought me when a stranger, wandering from the fold of God; 
he, to rescue me from danger, interposed his precious blood. 

O to grace how great a debtor daily I'm constrained to be! 
Let thy goodness, like a fetter, bind my wandering heart to thee. 
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it, prone to leave the God I love; 
here's my heart, O take and seal it, seal it for thy courts above.

I am so thankful that my Dad brought us up on Hymns. They are truly the songs that resonate deep in my heart and draw me to worship the One who deserves all my praise. I don't know if I could say that I have a favorite Hymn, because I love so many! But this beautiful song is definitely up there with it. I love how in the 3rd verse it says "let Thy goodness, like a fetter", isn't it beautiful how His goodness binds us to Him??

Romans 2:4
"Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience,
not knowing that the kindness {Goodness} of God leads you to repentance?"
(Note added by me)

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be a joy to hear from you, dear readers! I will do my best to comment back on the blog, or if your email is there I'll respond to you that way; either one! So, what are your thoughts?