Thursday, April 17, 2014

Our love story - Part II

{You can read part I here} Let's see, where did I leave off... Ah, yes, the wheelchair. Not something you would automatically think of when you think "Love Story" - but that's really where ours started. Nathan and I tease each other that our story started with a wheelchair and it will end with one =P (Maybe that's a little morbid...) 

2007 - I turned 14 and that meant I was able to move up to the next level of Summer Missionaries, a SR! It was a momentous occasion and I was very excited for training. (If I forgot to mention in the last post, training was/is always in June.) I did all of the things to prepare and finally it came. As a SR I was staying for two weeks - the first one is all training, the second is still training but more of a doing one instead of sitting in classes. You would split into groups and do practice clubs for a leader, then head into the community to do it for real. It was also less busy, more free time, and some fun classes and activities. (Everything about training is fun for me though!) 

My older sister Jaquelyn was going again as well, which was always a huge comfort to me =) The first week and the second week were both packed with memories although a lot of the time I remember them as completely separate. So let's conquer week 1 first. ;)

I had a young lady named Danielle as my evaluator for bible lessons and we did a series about the different "I AM's" of Jesus called "Knowing Christ. I was so very nervous about it, but I excelled and ended up enjoying it. I especially remember one instance concerning evals - 

The lesson was "The good Shepherd" (The one where Jesus tells the parable of the 99 sheep and 1 missing) and it was up for evaluation, in fact it was my first ever bible lesson eval. We set out on the gazebo that is outside the main building of Clearwater Christian College. The eval went very well and afterward when everyone was headed into the main building for a class, Nathan passed by. I was in the same group with his (then) "girlfriend" from his chapter. She went to walk with him and I did too. By then he had already caught my attention (He was one of the cool kids actually, was already friends with my cousins and, though he was oblivious, very popular with the girls. I am so thankful he was oblivious ;) ) He seemed super cool, funny, nice and very cute ;) I remember how we both told him how we had done (Not trying to be prideful but I don't think the girl did very well...) and I remember how happy I was when he told me he was happy for me and glad I did well.

My first Bible Lesson book from 2007

Don't you love these illustrations??? ;)

Old School CYIA history right here, people.

Now, as you can probably all guess, the fact that Nathan had a "girlfriend" and one that I didn't especially like brought out the green monster of jealousy in me like nobody's business. I would hang out with Nathan because I liked him, and of course his "girlfriend" would hang out with him and a girl that was their friend, and my best friend hung out with me, so it was kind of a five-some with Nathan in the middle of us four girls. Now at training there are guidelines for guys and girls to make sure everything is above board. after a few days, Kayla and I began to notice that this girl didn't always follow those guidelines. (Nothing huge though, I promise). Well, being the friends that we are we decided between us that we should talk to Nathan's mom. My motives were completely pure, I promise =P If you consider blinding jealousy pure, that is... =P So, Nathan's mom was told, they both got in some trouble and I believe soon after that Nathan and her broke up. That was the first week in a nutshell, and for sake of this not being a novel, I think the wheelchair will have to wait for part 3. =) And again, I did not have many pictures to share with you... I wasn't thinking about blogging when this happened ;)

{Fine Print - I have done my very best to remember events how they happened and when they happened but I cannot say I am 100% on the when. I guess what I am trying to say is that I don't want to be penalized if the time table is somehow a little different then how I recorded it here. All I know is that the main events definitely happened and I really am faithfully recording how I felt when they happened. You've been warned ;) )

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be a joy to hear from you, dear readers! I will do my best to comment back on the blog, or if your email is there I'll respond to you that way; either one! So, what are your thoughts?