Thursday, April 10, 2014

Wedding Update!

Wedding planning has been in full swing for quite some time now - if you follow me on Instagram (@FutureMrsFrook - Sorry, I was going to link back but I can't remember my password and I'm too lazy to go through the process of changing it ;) ) you may have seen some sneak peeks of some of the things going on. I'd thought it would be fun to share them here as well!

Pinwheels AND my wedding colors!

Pinwheels are a big part of my decor and I just love them! They're very inexpensive, easy to make, and whimsical, which is perfect for me. That glass jar? A syrup container from the grocery store with the labels removed! And since mom buys them anyway they don't count in my budget, perfect ;)

Aren't these butterflies beautiful? They are for some fun secret projects! From this website at a great price.

I saw this cute tutorial on Pinterest and couldn't resist making one or two for our food table
Adorable, right?? And I might use them for photo props too! Ooh, that idea just came to me and I like it...

These little topiaries will be part of my centerpieces. They take a while to make but super cute.

Nathan and I love penguins and it has kind of been our thing during out courtship. I knew I wanted them for our cake toppers! I found the cutest ones but they were almost $150... :( Way out of my budget! I've done some clay work before so I decided to try my hand at it! This is the girl not quite finished. Both are done now and they are so cute! I never thought I'd be able to make them as cute as the ones I saw online, but I think I succeeded and they might be my favorite wedding item ever! And we'll be able to keep them for years and years!
Last night I stayed up way too late looking on Pinterest for "First Look" ideas. My older sister and her husband did it and I love the fact that it allows you to finish all the pictures before the wedding. (Isn't waiting for the couple at the reception the worst part of a wedding??) I am definitely excited for this special moment and I know our photographer will capture some sweet pictures for us to treasure.
Okay, this doesn't have much to do with our wedding, but when I saw this I couldn't help but think of Nathan. He truly is the perfect man for me and I'm so thankful for the sweet, thoughtful, selfless man God has given me.

Wedding planning is not for the faint of heart, people. It has caused a lot more stress than I ever wanted it to... But a lot of the big things have been done and I'm trying desperately to focus on the joys and the wonderful end result of being Nathan's wife.

Until then...

1 comment:

  1. i am LOVING every single thing i'm seeing so far!!!! your wedding is going to be super fun and cute. =)

    ReplyDelete

It would be a joy to hear from you, dear readers! I will do my best to comment back on the blog, or if your email is there I'll respond to you that way; either one! So, what are your thoughts?