Friday, October 18, 2013

5 minute Friday//Laundry

Last Friday, as I was scrolling through my Bloglovin' feed I read a post from Jessica called "5 minute Friday". Each Friday, at this blog, people link up and write a post in 5 minutes with little to no editing, just letting the words flow from the heart. Lisa-Jo puts up a word each week that all the posts are supposed to build around. The cool part is that when you link up you're supposed to go and read the post from the person who linked up before you and leave encouragement; same goes for whoever links up after me! Cool, right?? I know there is no way I will remember to link up every Friday, but I wanted to try it out and see how it goes :)

So, today's word is "laundry", 5 minutes, here I go!

Laundry... I think it's sometimes something we do without even thinking about it. It's just a part of life. And really? There's not much that can happen that will cause that cycle to stop. I mean, yes, there are some things, but not many =) 
{And by the way, I'm not a wife or a mother yet, so I do my laundry and not really anyone else's. That may cause me to have a different view on laundry, but.. That's okay}

No matter what is going on, we all still need laundry and we all still do laundry. Sort, load, change, fold, repeat. Laundry is pretty constant. Isn't that what we need as humans? There are so many variables in our lives. So many things that change, that fail, that leave... Not laundry. It's pretty much here to stay until I die or Jesus comes to get me.

But laundry is not the answer for the need we have for something that is unchanging... The answer is a someone, Jesus! We all need an anchor, a rock, an unchanging thing (read: person) that we can cling to. And Jesus is the only one that can fill that need.

Not laundry, not spouses, not boyfriends, not girlfriends, not family, not children, not money, nothing but the unchanging one, Himself, my Savior, Jesus Christ!


Hebrews 6:19-20
"We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain, where Jesus has gone as a forerunner on our behalf, having become a high priest forever after the order of Melchizedek."

Hebrews 13:8
"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever"

_______________________________________________________

Ummm... Did I just do what I think I did?? Compared Jesus to laundry?? That was interesting... ;) I hope you enjoyed my first attempt! And I am looking forward to next week. =)

Five Minute Friday

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Hi, it is great to meet a young person who loves and needs Jesus the way you do. I am a new fan and will be praying for you. Your zottles are so cute. ;)

    Mary-andering Creatively

    Mary-andering Among the Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much, Mary! That means a lot to me and I am so happy to have you along for the adventure <3

      Delete

It would be a joy to hear from you, dear readers! I will do my best to comment back on the blog, or if your email is there I'll respond to you that way; either one! So, what are your thoughts?