Tuesday, October 22, 2013

EtGoAFS//Complete honesty

Okay, you may be thinking "what in the world is that acronym?? That crazy girl!" Well... I am crazy... ;) But! That acronym stands for "Escaping the Guilt of Already Forgiven Sin", ta-da! I just didn't want to have to write that every. single. time. So, bear with me. ;)  If you haven't read the first part of this "series" please click here and do!

Sometimes I feel as if I'm not very good at going through things unless I have a plan/schedule. It's no different when I study God's word. It helps me a lot to have something helping me know where to study instead of just doing random things! Not that one way is better, it's just how I'm wired. =) So, I turned to my handy dandy concordance in my bible and found forgiveness! There are several verse references there, so I decided to take one a day to study/meditate on/write about. =) The first one hit me right between the eyes and was exactly what I needed to hear and be reminded of! 

Psalm 32:1-3, 5-7a
(The whole chapter is wonderful so please go read it! These are just the specific verses that I definitely want you to read)
"Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
Blessed is the man against whom the Lord counts no iniquity,
    and in whose spirit there is no deceit.
For when I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long.
I ACKNOWLEDGED MY SIN TO YOUand I did not cover my iniquity;
I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,”
    and you forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah
 Therefore let everyone who is godly offer prayer to you
at a time when you may be found;
surely in the rush of great waters, they shall not reach him.

You are a hiding place for me;..."

Although scholars aren't certain, it's believed that this Psalm, {Like Psalm 51} was written by David in the aftermath of his sin with Bathsheba. Pretty bad right?? And yet, though I haven't committed adultery and murder, I am also a sinner and this Psalm is for me.


Blessed: 
 - Self-contained happiness; joy regardless of surroundings.
 - Endowed with divine favor and protection.

Cover
 - Hidden
 - Unseen

Those words describe me! {Describe you if you have claimed Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord!} But I believe that they do in two different ways. 1st, they always do because I have trusted Jesus as my Savior and so His blood has covered all my sin. I am forgiven, redeemed, always and forever! But as it says in 1st John 1:9, we still must confess sins even as believers. David, was a man after God's own heart, a believer in the OT sense of the word, and this was written through him, for me.

Of course, God knows me better than I know myself. He knows my inner heart and soul, He sees all my sin! But there's something about telling Him that frees us. I have to be completely honest with God. That is a huge way of being set free from the fear and guilt of forgiven sin! Otherwise "my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long".


When I acknowledge my sin in silence, where He can be found, I no longer need to fear, because I know that "You forgave the iniquity of my sin". Can I get an "Amen"??

Until next time...




No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be a joy to hear from you, dear readers! I will do my best to comment back on the blog, or if your email is there I'll respond to you that way; either one! So, what are your thoughts?