Wednesday, August 7, 2013

One of the best weekends ever!

I was super excited to be able to spend Saturday and Sunday with Nathan and his family. We had lots of plans! Since we live an hour and a half away from each other, we usually meet in the middle when I go down there. A Wendy's in Sarasota is always our spot. Nathan had to work in the morning so we met a little later than normal, around lunch time. Brianna was kind enough to hang out with us for the day. =) Nathan packed a yummy lunch (with my favorite kettle-cooked salt and vinegar chips!) that we ate in the car as we headed to his grandparents house. Gramps and Nai-Nai are so sweet and I love getting to see them. =) When we got there, we started off with some mini golf! (They have a cute 9-hole course in their community.)


Brianna got a hole-in-one and we all did pretty well. =) I ended up being victorious! Woohoo! It was a little warm, but there was a nice breeze coming from the water. After that we cooled off in the pool! Nathan and I both got a little burnt, although I did put Sunscreen on.

We stayed with Gramps and Nai-Nai for dinner and had chicken curry. There were so many different toppings! We joked about how their family eats way differently than mine. My family cooks a lot of down home classic american dishes, plus some yummy Americanized Mexican. After dinner I heard some stories from Gramps, although Nai-Nai protested, since she had heard them a million times. ;) It was fun! I was also able to look at some of Nai-Nai's newest water colors. She is so talented! I think she said she's been doing it for 20 years. I was impressed.
I'll let pictures tell the rest of our fun time :)

The cutest little barrel Nathan prettied up for me! So excited to think of fun things to do with it! One suggestion was to put glass or something on top to make it a storage end table. I'm liking it!
Playing with Nathan's nephew at church, he's so cute!
We had so much fun shopping at the mall and Goodwill! His sisters, Heather and Abby came with us. =) Nathan found some new work shoes, I got more of my favorite Old Navy flip-flops and we even got a yummy Kiwi refresher from Tropical Smoothie Cafe.
At Goodwill! He's just chillin' ;)
These were from when we were driving back to Sarasota to meet my parents. Always sad... But this past weekend was a blast! And the beautiful sunset was a great way to end it. =)

Until next time...


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for coming down! Had an incredibly fun time with you!!! Nothing I enjoy more then time spending time with my best friend!

    ReplyDelete

It would be a joy to hear from you, dear readers! I will do my best to comment back on the blog, or if your email is there I'll respond to you that way; either one! So, what are your thoughts?