Friday, September 13, 2013

Simpler, slower, better

The past 9 years of my life have been... Busy. I've "done" a lot of things. Serving with Child Evangelism Fellowship (CEF) throughout the summer and also some through the fall. Being on the Music Ministry at my church. Teaching the kids at my church, etc. etc. etc.

This past spring and summer was especially busy because I served as the Summer Ministries Coordinator for my CEF chapter. I will admit that at times I was completely overwhelmed, stressed, and felt like giving up. If it wasn't for my God and my love, I probably would have. Through His grace and lots of encouragement, I made it through the Summer. That experience made me realize something. I was so busy "doing" things, I had forgotten to work on my relationship with Jesus. I knew that I had to slow down or I would burn out. 

Part of this new lifestyle for me is being able to create. That's the main reason I am starting up Oodles of Zoottles. To be able to express myself and have an outlet to do so, hopefully blessing others along the way. This blog is also a way for me to express myself. 

I was so excited to be able to order Business cards and postcards for my little shop! {Front}

{Back}
Most importantly, a part of my new way of doing things, is to make spending time with Jesus the #1 priority. Yesterday, "Jesus calling" by Sarah Young, talked about making sure to rest in God's presence. And even if the world looks at you and sees you doing "nothing" to know that you are really doing the most important thing in the world. That is soooo true! My days are always better if I start them resting with the Lord. 


Now, I've also had time to do other fun things!

I got Nathan to start Couch to 5K with me this week! {Read here}

Re-doing an old mirror, DIY coming soon! ;)
As I said last time, I get to do a craft fair soon! Something I would have never been able to do; no time!




The nice thing about crocheting is that I can take it pretty much anywhere! 

What my work station usual looks like ;)
So, this coming "year" (Fall, Spring, Summer) my goal is to live simpler and slower, be more of a homebody and work on being "quiet before my God". I'm still figuring out exactly how that looks and of course I still want to serve in ministry; we'll see where God leads. 

Any thoughts? I'd love to hear them!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be a joy to hear from you, dear readers! I will do my best to comment back on the blog, or if your email is there I'll respond to you that way; either one! So, what are your thoughts?